Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"Back to the Future"

You know my work affords me the luxury of traveling around "The Great state of West Virginia." I get the chance to see and fell first hand the real West Virginia and live the experience. As of this writing, I have been working in the town of West Union in Doddridge County. So hence the title of this article. a "You cannot love life until you live the life you love". In a way that is the point I try to make about this Gubernatorial run and the ideas that are presented to you. I really think it would be nifty to see parts of West Virginia stay the way life is in towns such as West Union. Friendly people who watch out for each other and the children. but all the same while, keeping open an eye for the unneeded stranger. Yes, life in a lot of our little towns are kind of "Mayberryish", but sorry, I like that home town feeling. And I think it is something to be proud of! But we must come up with ideas to keep these little "gems" of towns intact. Something to want to make the next generation of West Virginians stay here. And I believe with local town meetings, these possibilities can become realities. And I am not talking about some state government flunky with a badge that goes around to see how everthing is going, then you never see them for a year. I am saying a real person with an affiliation to the area, a person that lives and breathes the life the community also lives and breathes. I post as many ideas as I can. But if any of you all have an idea about this subject, then post your comments here and we can discuss them openly. A lot of people write to me privately, and thats OK, but I would much rather that you post your ideas here and lets let other West Virginians join us as we solve the problems we all face. f But should you want to write privately, then go to my painting web site, to the contact us page and I will honor your wishes for a private discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home